Saturday, August 8, 2009

"I'm leaving on a jet plane"

All,

This will be my last blog while in Iraq. Our replacement team just arrive this week and they are already eager to take over... more power to them, bc they can have it. I feel a lot like coming home from a mission, but not so socially disorientated. I'm still my old Clint self, but I will always be grateful for the things i have seen, heard, and experience. I felt like I grew up a little here. As a great relief to my parents, i have decided that i want to get married, start a family, and settle down a bit. As many of you know, I will be heading to Monterey CA to study Chinese for the military lasting around 2 years. the job Im gunning for a Chinese Foreign Affairs officer, working as a liaison between the Chinese and US government. For the first time i feel like i have a solid future. I wouldn't trade my time here for the world... ok I'd prob give it up for a buck 99 and a microwave, bc i just remembered all the nasty sandstorms, heat, and disappointments.

I feel like i have some stories to tell my grand kids and something for my family to be proud of. If/when i go to Afghanistan, i'll be better prepared. I'll be ready, I'll be prepared, and I'll be willing to serve my country when it calls for it.

2 comments:

Devonna said...

So happy you are coming home and so thankful for the things you have done for us!!!!!! We hope it wont be too long before we get to see you. May you get safely outta there! love a. bon

Amanda said...

You have my number! Let me know what you want to eat. You name it!